Saturday, November 22, 2008

Another Lil Wayne track, another polarizing performance

Peep the link:
http://www.yoraps.com/audios1.php?subaction=showfull&id=1227264230&archive=&start_from=&ucat=13&

Disclosure: I was a fan of Weezy briefly circa "Dedication 2," but the novelty of his swaggering sing song and Dr. Suess wordplay has long ago worn thin in the Fat Money's book. This song is a textbook example of how Wayne displays hints of talent and then squanders it with lines that are clever but nonsensicle and songs with no impact. Some heads hear surpreme articulation and a mastery of flow; I see a high egghead fuggin around in the booth cause his daddy owns the studio. If I hear another sleepy verse rhyming "bitch" with "shit" with "stupid" again, I'ma murder rap music. Also: Wayne, experimentation is welcome, but put down the guitar and hire a vocal coach. If this the greatest rapper alive, then build me a time machine and dial it up to '88 cuz I'd rather not live in such a world.

But that's just me, feel free to bump this track to your heart's delight. We all gonna die anyway so let's bling out!

No comments: