Friday, November 21, 2008

2008...time to set it straight

Like Cube when he finally shaved them curls off his head, this is gonna be the best year I ever had, despite the contradictions. We got a Black president, but the cancer of capitalism is still deep. Z-Ro is out of jail, but Kanye is still being wack. My jump shot gets nicer every season but the Bucks still suck.

Here's my first few weeks of output for the recently launched www.decider.com. Be sure to keep checking the Web site as we get deeper and deeper into the cultural abyss that is "Madison."

1. Pidgeon John concert recap: http://austin.decider.com/articles/pigeon-john-the-crest-and-kanser-at-high-noon-salo,751/ (the show where Unicus of Kanser tried to make me feel bad for not writing the praises of his group last year...ha)

2. Homegrown Hip Hop Fest at the Union: http://madison.decider.com/articles/homegrown-hip-hop-fest-at-memorial-union-naomi-kle,813/ (my originial draft was something like 1500 words, but my editor somehow managed to cut it down to 500...apologies to all the TC acts that deserved a lot more love)

3. Devin the Dude and Subtle concert recaps: http://madison.decider.com/articles/loudon-wainwright-iii-at-majestic-theatre-heartles,951/ (Devin is one of my favorites and Subtle I had never heard of...a good contrast)

*keep it movin, yea yea to the K.I.M. Look out fo' mo' in the coming weeks, including recaps of Clyde Stubb, Country Tribute acts, and a filmmaker's kabaret. Oh you didn't know? The Fat Money is diversifying-- fugg this rap shit! Hip Hop is dead stupid.

No comments: