Thursday, February 28, 2008

City Pages 2008 work (in pro-gress)

With winter hibernation (and enough smoke to choke a bear) in full effect for the Fat Money of prose fame, the steady output flowing from my pen that 2007 enjoyed has hit a major snag thus far. Put it like this: the industry sucks to begin with, being dead since about 1998 creatively and 2005 financially, so the new year slow-down that hits us annually has been even more severe than usual. E.G.: If you can name one quality major-label release that's come out in the last two months, major props. No one's pushing product like they used to, now it's just toys and decoys making all sorts of hollow noize.

I can't work if they ain't give me product to chew on, and if the Fat Money don't work, he don't eat. Then you get j.azzy involved and things really get ugly. But that's another story entirely. For now, enjoy this meager slice of journalistic funk and rest assured that the cache will be full as a tick in due time. Ooohhhh child, thing's are gonna get easier. But you know Fat Money let's the paper chase him, not vice versa, and believe me it'll come a knockin soon enough. With the March thaw, maybe I'll even get my ass out the door once or twice to catch a live show and grace ya'll with my supreme opinion. For now, keep bumpin Big Doe and maintain fam!

http://staff.citypages.com/authors/190279/

No comments: