Wednesday, April 9, 2008

blogs are stupid

This blog reminds me of my first semester as a radio DJ at college. I was given the 2-4AM slot on Sunday mornings. Instead of partying hard until I had to go on, I was such a dork back then that I'd retire at about 10 and then get a good 3-4 hours of sleep before the show, then slog across campus with my 4 mega-books of discs and play old school hip hop for no one at all. I imagined the signal wafting gently into the atmosphere and far into the unknowns of space, where it is still floating today, perfectly untouched by any sensory organs able to hear it. All that wonderfully and sleepy-eyed effort lost forever. No one reads this blog because it exists in a sort of cyber vaccuum, just like Macalester's incredibely weak 2-mile signal ensured my early efforts to edutain and ill-inform went largely unheeded. I am a voice alone crying out in the wilderness or something to that effect. I am a man with a few things to say, so listen up. Or not, whatever.

2 comments:

Spence said...

what kind of blog conundrum does my comment about nobody reading your blog create? does the black blog hole double back on itself?

Jordan 'Fat Money' Selbo said...

you just blew my mind spence. that is, if i wasn't pretty sure you're literally the only sole on earth who has even once seen the blog (or know of its existance), thereby becoming the exception that proves the rule. the status quo is once more maintained. (in this case, of course, the status quo being me and obscurity)